JS Motors Oxford Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy together with any other documents referred to on it, set out the basis on which any Personal Data (as defined below) we collect from you or which you provide to us will be processed by us. We aim at all times to process and collect your data lawfully, transparently, fairly and without adversely affecting your rights as a Data Subject (as defined below). Please read the following carefully to understand our practices and procedures. The website we operate is: www.jsmotorsoxford.co.uk (JS Motors Oxford Site) which LCN host via cloud-based storage. The server is PCI compliant and has a custom application firewall. In addition, the JS Motors Oxford Site has an SSL certificate for additional security.
By giving your consent, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You may withdraw your consent at any time. An explanation of your rights is set out below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation (as defined below), the data controller is JS Motors Oxford Limited, a private limited company with number 08305056, whose registered office is 2 Station Approach, Station Field Industrial Estate, Kidlington, Oxfordshire OX5 1JD.
In this policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
Cookie: a small file placed on your computer or device by the JS Motors Oxford Site when you visit certain parts of the JS Motors Oxford Site and/or when you use certain features of the JS Motors Oxford Site.
Cookie Law: means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
Data Protection Legislation: up to but excluding 25 May 2018, the Data Protection Act 1998 and thereafter:
- unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in the UK, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK; and then
- any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998.
Data Subject: a natural identifiable person.
Personal Data: has the meaning set out in the Data Protection Legislation.
What this policy also covers
This policy also explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours is collected;
- What organisation is collecting the information;
- How the information is used;
- With whom the information may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information;
- What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under JS Motors Oxford’s control;
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information; and
- How you can request the information we process and store to be removed.
We may update and change these terms and our website from time to time for a variety of reasons. By way of examples: to reflect changes to the services we offer, user’s needs, regulatory or legal requirements. Every time you wish to use our website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were updated on 11 May 2018.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the JS Motors Oxford Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
We take steps to ensure that any businesses that we work with have security protocols and policies in place to manage and record your data privacy and preferences correctly and that your data is stored securely. The security of your data is paramount. Documentation can be supplied on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As referred to above, we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to encrypt the data on the JS Motors Oxford Site.
Use of your information
We will contact you as advised and where consent is provided to ensure the ongoing safety and care of your vehicle.
We cross check your data with the DVSA to ensure accurate and timely communications can be made. We check driver and vehicle profiles including drive time, vehicle age and type of work due to help prioritise customer contact. We combine data from various sources into one place, to deliver a more personalised experience to you.
As a Data Subject under the Data Protection Legislation you have the following rights:
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you submit an enquiry form on the JS Motors Oxford Site, you give your consent to JS Motors Oxford contacting you for marketing purposes. We will not share your information with third party marketing agencies without your consent. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- You have the right to ask us to supply to you the information we hold, this is known as a data subject access request. To make a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify the data we hold in the event that it contains inaccuracies or is incomplete. To make a request please contact us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to ask us to erase the Personal Data we hold if: (i) it is no longer necessary for us to hold the data; (ii) you wish to withdraw your consent to us holding the data; (iii) you object to us holding or processing the data; (iv) you believe that we have processed the data unlawfully; or (v) the data needs to be erased for us to comply with a particular legal obligation. To make a request please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Cookies used by JS Motors Oxford on the JS Motors Oxford Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law. We may use the following types of Cookie:
Analytics Cookies: it is important for JS Motors Oxford to understand how you use the JS Motors Oxford Site. For example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics Cookies enable us to gather this information, helping JS Motors Oxford to improve the site and your experience of it.